Minecraft Tips & Tricks
Here are few neat tricks I've discovered on the Internet. I've known about many of them for a long time but I came across a Reddit thread that contained so many new ones I decided to make this page. I'll add gifs as I make/find them for demonstrations.
'Drop' key is Q by default.
'Sneak' key is Shift by default.
'Hidden' Mouse and Keyboard Shortcuts
Swap action bar items
Pressing a number key while hovering over an item will move it to the corresponding space on the hot bar. If an item is already there, the two items will simply switch places.
Pressing 'drop' while holding 'sneak' drops the entire stack.
- Holding 'sneak' while dragging an item will evenly split up the stack.
- Holding right-click and dragging will place one item in each slot.
- Double-click an item to combine partial stacks of the item into full stacks.
- Holding 'sneak' while clicking an item will move the stack into a chest or visa-versa.
- Holding 'sneak' while double-clicking an item will move all stacks of that item into a chest or visa-versa. Requires holding an item with the mouse to work.
- Robbed completely from http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1ebamy/the_day_i_learned_that_you_can_do_this_in/ (Last access May 14th, 2013)